Blogia
Bit of English

Bachillerato 1

Adverts: I hate them or I love them?

Adverts: I hate them or I love them?

I definitely have to say that I love adverts. But first of all I should start from defining what an advert is; a picture, short film, song, etc. which tries to persuade people to buy a product or service (Cambridge Dictionary).

As we observe and understand the definition, we can see that everything around us is considered an advertisement. We are involved in the world of commerce even though we don’t notice; when we walk down the street, while we watch the television, the moment we read the newspaper, among others.

Every advert is entitled to make you buy. For example the M from McDonalds has become a great advert all around the world because when we see it we instantly want to eat a hamburger . It’s incredible how an image can make you feel what other people want. While these advertisements make you buy, they can also make you think and laugh.

One of the MasterCard’s commercial may be a situation in which you think a lot about your life. Think about what really matters in your life because for the material things exists MasterCard. On the other hand, we can have fun by watching the Fiat, Pepsi, Nike commercials, etc.

Whereas some of them are very real, there are others that may try to introduce us in a new world of imagination. As we can see in the last Coca Cola commercial in which someone inserts coin in the machine and while the bottle falls he is supposedly going through that wonderful cartoon life.

Adverts are useful for everybody. For sellers and for the ones who buy because they make us laugh, think, imagine, create, feel and express.

María Isabel Y.

English in the World

English in the World

Every language is important in our culture and it is useful to learn some of them, but which language should we learn first? I think it must be English and I emphasize this as an obligation rather than a suggestion because nowadays it has become a necessity for communication.

English is being taught all around the world. Why? Easy question; it is the first tool for any kind of business. When someone is looking for a job, it is easier to be hired if he or she speaks English. Globalization is making English the most important language for people. Products, commercials, songs, movies, among others, are being written, spoken or translated every day so people can understand what is going on in other parts of the planet.

The average of English speaking people grows every year. I think that someday everyone will be able to communicate and speak in English. I hope that we learn English as we should and I also wish that the rest of the languages keep their style and don’t get extinct.

Maria Isabel Yáñez 1º BAC

Acrostics

Acrostics Made to be loved !

Useful for everything:

Sing, dance, play, wish…

Imagine, create, express, live…

Could you just love it ?

María

Acrostics

Acrostics
Fear explodes in my heart
Ironic to fight a war that's not mine
Running is not an option 
Enemies come nearer, the fear grows...

Alvaro     

Advice

Advice You know, life is rather short.
Then, if I were you, I would enjoy every second, trying to experience
new things and knowing other people.
If you don't, you will very soon notice that your life is empty...

Mariona

Message in a Bottle: Hope

Message in a Bottle: Hope

Dear unknown,

Here, alone, on this island, I write to you.

I don’t know you, you don’t know me.

But my loneliness moves me to you in every instant.

Alone, lost in the wild nature.

I always dream of the moment we shall live together

All these conversations that we haven’t had and maybe shall never have.

I imagine you near a fireplace or in nature on a beautiful sight.

This beautiful view that I have...

That I can not share with anyone but you...

Goodbye beautiful unknown, who I will perhaps never get to know...

David Dias 

Message in a Bottle: Cage!!!

Message in a Bottle: Cage!!! This message is for you, the one who occupies my heart and my mind. I need you to free me.
Maybe it's too late, or maybe you won't get this message... I don't know, and I don’t want to know.
…………………………………………………
I just need you to open this cage and to let me fly away.
If you are not the person I wrote this message for, just throw it back away in my ocean of loneliness. I know you will end up reading this, my love.

Sarah. 1º bach 2.

Message in a Bottle: Life!!!

Message in a Bottle: Life!!! I write this letter to make this moment eternal. I like my life, my children, my husband, my job... But I have an illness and I am going to die.

Nobody knows that I going to die and I don't want that my family knows I am going to die soon.

This illness doesn't make me feel sad, I have decided to put this letter in a bottle and throw the bottle in the sea. If somebody finds my letter, this person will think that I'm alive but I will not be alive.

Each moment of my life was a happy moment by I'm afraid everybody forget me. If destiny makes good things, my letter will be found by somebody and they will know I have lived.

Estefanía Cuevas.1º bach 1

HAVING A LOT OF FRIENDS IS NOT ALWAYS EASY

HAVING A LOT OF FRIENDS IS NOT ALWAYS EASY

Having a lot of friends is not always easy. As we see iy, there are a lot of positive things, like having more people to talk about your problems or getting more presents on your birthday. Moreover, you also have more people to help you when you are in need and more opinions to give you advice. Last but not least, having a lot of friends means having better and bigger parties. On the other hand, you can have problems when choosing who to go out with or with different opinions between your friends. Furthermore, enemys could be between them, and you might have to choose who to support. Beside, the more friends you have, the more misunderstandings there are. Finally, if you have a lot of friends you will have no credit on your cell phone. To conclude, having a lot of friends, like everything in life, has its positive and its negative sides. In our opinion it is better to have a small group of close friends than having a lot of friends that are not that close.

By Sarah and Marta