Blogia
Bit of English

ESO 4

B.I.L.B.: Following Your Dreams

I believe that we have to follow our traditions, but follow our dreams too!!! Some traditions are very extreme or fanatical;they are too much. I think that we would have to find a intermediate point or solution that would be fine for everybody. We see in the film when Jessmindher wants to play soccer and her mother doesn’t want. I think that the final solution is the appropriate and the best one (Jess can play football).

Kike

B.I.L.B.: Stealing best friends' girl/boyfriends

I think that, stealing your best friend's boyfriend is wrong, because you win a boyfriend but you also lose your best friend who you know ever since. But if you do not lose the boy you win more confidence with your friend. If he isn't her boyfriend, it doesn't matter, like in the movie where the coacth and Jules weren't together and Jess doesn't do anything wrong.

Maria

B.I.L.B.: Following Your Dreams

In this story the topic of following our dreams is very clear and important: Jess wants to be a footballer but her parents want her to be a lawyer. A girl who plays football isn't normal in her culture, they consider it a man's sport where she isn't going to be respected for being Indian. Following our dreams is essential because it determines our lives and even if you failed, at least you would have tried! You have to choose how you want your life to be and your parents should help by giving you some advice, but in no way should they force you. 

Julia

I think that it isn't good to steal your best friend's boy/girlfriend, since friends are for your whole life and boy/girlfriends not. I don't think that it's worth risking their friendship for a boy or a girl. In the movie, I don't think so, because Jules is not going out with Joe, she only says that she likes him. That does not give her the right to reproach anything to her friend.

Patricia

First let’s talk about the movie. I think that Jess didn’t steal the other girl’s friend (Jules’s) because, in the first place they weren’t in a couple, so it isn’t considered as stealing. It would only be considered stealing if they made a pact involving not going out with him, but I doubt thats the case. Now, what would I do? Stealing you friends girlfriend’s just wrong I wouldn’t even try it, that can easily destroy any friendship.

Manuel

B.I.L.B.:Stealing best friends' girl/boyfriends

In the film, Jess loves Joe, her coach, but her new best friend, Jules, a British woman, loves Joe, too.
When they go to
Germany to play an important match (they lose it), in the party, Jess kisses Joe, and Jules sees that, so they become really angry.
I’m sure that I will never steal my best friend’s girlfriend, first, because he is my best friend, and he is my best friend for something, and second, because my best friend is for all my life, and a girlfriend could be for a few days, months, or years.
We shouldn’t steal best friends’ girlsfriend, because we have to think in the feelings of our best friend.
But...if that girl is with someone that you don’t know, you are free to do what do you want

Miguel C.

Bend It Like Bekham's Reflections on Immigration

The immigrant family consider British people like bad people. They think the British people are racist, but racism comes from the two sides, because they don´t accept them, either. ``We hate other cultures´´ because some times we think our culture is the best in the world... but we are wrong.

Alejandro M.

Bend It Like Bekham's Reflections on Immigration

The Sikh family of the hero (Jessminder) are suspicious of everithing which is coming from British people. For example they think they are too liberal, they don't respect anything, they don't respect their traditions, they don't look after their old people (and they don't care anymore, except for the funeral), they don't mix.They are locked in their traditions, and because of it, they are intolerant.

Pablo N.

Acrostics

Acrostics
When will this war finish?
And when can I return home?
Return...return is my only aim.

Tania 4 ESO